Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Style Vocabulary of the day

“Edgy” 


I am the type of person who is not everybody. I prefer to have my own style and design my own clothes. I also love recycling my old clothes and turning them into patches for denim jackets, I bought at thrift stores. I also love to sketch edgy dresses that are mostly made out of leather. Personal style is very important to me because I don’t like to wear what everybody wears. That will make me a fashion leader and I am the kind of person who doesn’t like falling into trends. If I want to keep up with the seasonal colors and prints then I wear them with leather fashion pieces. Anything edgy will never go out of style and will never be a short term trend. I am also into English punk fashion, along with intense hair color. I don’t mind standing out in a good way, not dressing like everybody else. To me, fashion is beyond. Fashion is how you express your self and being a style leader, not follower. Like Coco Chanel once said, “In order to be irreplaceable, one must be different” Project Runway’s critique, Nina Garcia also said that being a fashion leader is the key to stylishness. I can strongly agree with that. Falling into a trend will never make you stand out. But don’t go overboard to be looked at as eccentric. I feel this way everywhere I go even when I do my other passion, Aerial Yoga and other fitness activities. I wear printed tights all the time to not wear what everyone wears.

 In studs and leather, I will look as tough as fierce as a tiger and less fragile like a swan. I’ve always dress like that ever since I was only 12. It made me have confidence like a rock star! It is not only punk I am inspired by, I am also inspired by the Lolita style sometimes (Originally from Harajuku, Tokyo, Japan). Dressing like a Lolita is also not being everybody because they are the clothes that people don’t normally wear. Since, I cannot buy the actual Lolita dress,  Iwear attire, inspired by Lolita fashion. I put it in my very own edgy way.  
In fashion, I think everybody should just have fun with his or her personal style. Fashion is a form of art and that’s why there are designers.


XOXO,

Monica Seet

No comments:

Post a Comment