Monday, April 28, 2014

Job Interview Fashion Tips


Are you going for your first job interview and struggling to decide what to wear? Well, you don't have to be in a plain suit attire, there are ways to be fashionable during an interview especially is you are applying for a Fashion internship or regular job. Today me and my batch mates had a mock interview with the teacher. This was to prepare us for an actual internship interview which Im going to have tomorrow in Makati. So Wish me luck!!
But to be fashionable during an interview, don't wear a lot of bling. A bib necklace and a watch will do. Just like what I did today for our dress rehearsal. It looks more professional that way. It is very important to look fresh and neat. You want the first impressions to be good when it comes to job interviews.  Skirts also shouldn't be too short or too long. When it comes to grooming, be sure you brush your hair nicely especially if you have frizzy hair like me and your make up needs to be natural as well.

Tomorrow I will be wearing my striped blazer from 2b bebe with my black and blue dress from Forever 21 that I used for traveling and also for my research class final presentation.

I got this striped sleeveless shirt at Surplus shop (Export overruns) for only PHP 300.  
I got this black blazer at SM Department store, Makati for only PHP 1,200.  They have the most affordable office wear there. 
My bib necklace is from Greenhills Tiangge that was only PHP 150.

I got this laptop case at Barney's New York outlet at Camarillo outlets, California for only USD$ 48.


This leather waisted skirt here is from City Plaza, Singapore for only SGD$ 11. Body con skirts with blazers and a collar shirt are always the perfect career clothing. 

I got these oxfords at Kenneth Cole Reaction, about a year ago for only PHP 2,100 on sale. These shoes or low heeled pumps are the shoes to wear to a job interview or the office. 


This is another way to dress to a job interview. This is very stylish and large sized purses are always suitable for your day to day work/job interview.  I am totally digging the Miu Miu strappy pumps and Miu Miu is one of my favorite brands! GO Miuccia Prada! You rock!
Id also wear Valentino studded pumps. 

(c) http://fashionbombdaily.com/

This is a set I just created on Polyvore. This is one way to put a stylish job interview outfit and the kind of natural make up to wear. Don't look like you are going to a party. This is a time to be professional and serious. You can have fun during your free time and never show up drunk or lazy during an interview.

I wish you all good luck with your interviews and hope you enjoyed these fashion tips!,

Monica JLL Seet (Monicchic)

"Professional doesn't mean plain and serious, its how hard you work"
-My own fashion quote of the day

1 comment:

  1. Interviews are a great chance for you to show a little bit of your personality. It also helps the interviewer determine whether you are a good fit for the organisational culture. That said, even if you have a loud personality, try not to distract your interviewer by being too over the top! Read more: what not to wear to an interview.

    ReplyDelete