Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Style it up at the OSCARS 2014

 Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

Best Costume Design: Catherine Martin, The Great Gatsby

Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Adruitha Lee & Robin Mathews, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Animated Short Film: Mr. Hublot 
Best Animated Feature Film: Frozen
Best Visual Effects: Gravity
Best Live Action Short: Helium
Best Documentary Short: The Lady In Number 6
Best Documentary Feature: 20 Feet From Stardom
Best Foreign Language Film: The Great Beauty
Best Sound Mixing: Gravity
Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years a Slave
Best Cinematography: Gravity
Best Film Editing: Gravity
Best Production Design: The Great Gatsby
Best Score: Gravity
Best Original Song: “Let It Go” from Frozen
Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave, John Ridley
Best Original Screenplay: Her, Spike Jonze
Best Director: Alfonso Cuarón, Gravity
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club

Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave
 Charlize Theron in Dior

It looks like its also important to fashion up at the OSCARS. It is that time of the year again to vote for the best pictures/actors and actresses. Im still very happy that The Great Gatsby won best costume design and by far my favorite as well that I couldn't get over the fashion used in that film. Id totally be inspired by the attire used in The Great Gatsby if I were to go to a Roaring 20's themed party. I also love the production design and Im glad it also won best production design.  Im also happy that Let It Go from Disney's Frozen won best original song as it is one of my favorite songs of 2013-2014. I plan to do a cover of that song some day once I get it accurately.

The best dressed actresses are all here! These are the dress that I think are the best ones and chosen as best dressed as well. So far I like Sandra Bullocks Alexander McQueen gown the best. Id totally wear that true classic gown to a ball. The structure of the dress is also very well designed being tight on top and flowing at the bottom.   I also love Emma Watson's Rock and Roll get up with her smokey eye make up. She is wearing a Vera Wang dress and she is also one of my most favorite designers. That is one edgy dress and I think it will look great with a studded collar necklace or a spiked belt.
Another dress that I also think is edgy, is the Dior gown that Charlize Theron is wearing. Dior is one of my favorite high end brands as well. I love the layers with a sheer skirt over another. That is really hard to find but it would look better if the neckline wasn't that plunging. I shall call that A Mermaid on the edge since its one of those mermaid dresses.

I am also admiring Lady Gaga's Versace nude colored dress which is seriously very Spring 2014. I also like how its printed and the embroidery is also looking very chic and fine. Id totally wear a dress like that to a party. I can see some Baroque inspirations  in that dress. I also think its a nice classic color and I love Lady Gaga's fashion sense as well especially when she wears her Alexander McQueen platforms.   Great job to all celebrities who won OSCARS and are by far the best dressed.
Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen



Emma Watson in Vera Wang
Matching smokey eye make-up.
Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel

Lady Gaga in Versace


Jennifer Lawrence in Red Dior

Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein

Lupita Nyong in Prada

Amy Adams in Gucci (customized)

Cate Blanchett in an Armani nude gown

XOXO,

Monica JLL Seet (Monicchic)

No comments:

Post a Comment