Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Keep it Pretty in Punk


A typical girls night out after school. Pretty in Preppy, Pretty in Punk and Pretty in Plaid. Its never impossible to be three things at once when it comes to style. I was even complemented that its very British Punk style by my former teacher me, my friends and schoolmates met up with! I had such a great Girls Night Out and finally reuniting with one of our best teachers we've ever had. It was a good thing I dressed comfortably because we walked from Red Kimono, High street to Serendra for some dessert.  From how I observed everybody's outfits, I felt that all my girls  in this picture were dresses stylishly and comfortably without trying too hard. All I saw were, shorts with combat boots, a dress with a cardigan and combat boots, a cool graphic tee with jeans, dressy top with dressy printed shorts, a Michael Jackson style jacket with a high low dress and a coat with a crop top, purple trousers and beige heels. I thought those are pretty smart choices for a comfy girls night out in a casual restaurant.

 Here I am inspired by Jade from the Bratz doll line and live action film (Played by Pretty Little Liars star, Janel Parrish) because I always feel that her style will never go out of fashion and I know that she is one girl who is the most fashionable one.  Bratz is my most favorite doll line ever because of their funky clothing that I wish I can walk around in but its not reality.  I am also inspired by their song, front the Rock Angelz movie, "Pretty in Punk"

GNO!!!



Here I am wearing a studded plaid tank from Express which is an export overrun from Greenhills. It was only about PHP 350. They have better qualities than the super cheap clothes from the Market.  I decided to try something new by pairing a thin tank top with a long sleeved basic tee. This black basic is from ZARA that you can get for only PHP 795 if you want a really long lasting piece that matches with anything. 

This leopard cuff right here is from my own starter clothing line (Candyica). I was selling it for only PHP 150. My studded bangle is from Mango in Singapore that was only SGD$ 9. 



I decided to mix it with Houndstooth for the season of Fall/Winter 2013 and I thought that its a pretty great combination as well. This skater skirt is from Market! Market! (Fashion market) that was only PHP 250.   I decided to wear my Kenneth Cole Reaction Oxfords I had for almost a year to pretty up a little bit more and match this school girl style outfit. Take it easy with your passion for fashion!

-Monica JLL Seet (Monicchic)

"Preppy does not mean nerd, its also punk"
-My Own Fashion Quote of the day








No comments:

Post a Comment