Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sheer Skirt


Its always so fun to mix and match your DIY items in your closet. I had this skirt made by my lovely seamstress while I designed it. You can get the best fabric at Carolina's at Glorietta or Market! Market! (Gift Market) here in the Philippines. The price will depend on the amounts of yard you need. Carolina's is also the best place to buy DIY studs and other materials for arts and craft.  So I decided to match my DIY Thrift Store moto jacket with this skirt. I wore this outfit to watch the the High School concert where my brother goes. He was playing in the Orchestra and I decided to be semi formal for that kind of event. But Id be more formal of course if I were going to a real grand opera.  To be semi formal, I would suggest paring an edgy jacket with a chiffon skirt and not so dressy heels or flats.

Inside, I am wearing my houndstooth tank that was only PHP 350 from Greenhills, the brand is Express and its an export over run. Export over runs have better fit than cheap clothing from the markets.  This leopard ring purse is from ALDO in Montreal, Canada that was only 29.99 Canadian dollars including tax.  ALDO is pretty affordable at its regular stores in Canada because thats its country of origin. I also love its sister company, Call It Spring!


Here is a closeup of the skirt I had made. For the waist area, I used cotton fabric from an old graphic tee I had from Wal Mart. Why not recycle fabric from your old cheap clothes? That is one way to save money and the fashion industry does not have to keep on spending on fabric as well. 
To be more red, I am wearing my DAS 14 platforms that are currently PHP 1,750. Grab one pair at the on going Christmas bazar at the Rockwell Tent until December 1 until December 1.  They are shoes that are not like any other and are the best when they are on sale.

How I originally designed it (My sketch) 



Keep your personal styles flowing!,

Monica JLL Seet (Monicchic)




No comments:

Post a Comment