Tuesday, October 1, 2013

DIY: Distressed Stockings


Hi everyone!,
Sorry for not blogging yesterday, because I was exhausted from my morning volunteer work at the Orphanage I  sometimes go to during my free time. I just love giving back to society!

All Ive been seeing these days are distressed stockings. Ive seen many of them worn at concerts and several of the sales girls at Forever 21 in New York City were wearing them as well with their uniforms. They are very easy to make especially if you have a pair of old tights that have a very thin and fragile material. I did that with mine last night when I had insomnia due to too many things going in my mind which I sometimes get once in a while. So my solution is to distress my old clothes I had for about over a year while its just like getting rid of them. I only donate them if they look too faded and cheap.

I call it Fashion Feng Shui. Feng Shui is one way to clear your mind off everything especially your dark past.  So distressing your old clothes is a tip on how to relive your stress especially if you have countless things sometimes. Or donate the ones you really don't want anymore, that will be giving back to society.

The picture above is a pair of China made distressed tights that are being sold on ebay.  I did mine something like that but I did it all over my stockings.  There is even a YOUTUBE tutorial on how to distress your own tights. Just type on the search bar "DIY Distressed Tights".

These were my Forever 21 tights with heart prints on them and it feels like Im breaking the hearts. I am also not a fan of flirtatious and romantic looks.
So heres a tutorial on how I did mine:
There are many ways you can do it your self

Stretch them with two fingers or two hands like this. 

You can also use a scissors or a cutter to distress it horizontally or diagonally.  But when using I scissors and if your wearing your tights, hold it up with two fingers like this, in order not to cut yourself with a scissors. I didn't mean to do the middle finger by the way. Sorry about that. 


Now your finished and you already have your edgy and tough chick tights! These are always so fun to look at!
How to wash it: In order for these not to be more damaged, just dip it countlessly in soapy water and don't scrub it too much. 

Good luck and Give it a shot!,

Monica JLL Seet (Monichic)

"Distressing old things are a mind therapy"
-My Own Fashion Quote of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment