Sunday, September 8, 2013

Roaring Romance


Its fun mixing up your style once in a while rather that a complete edgy and leather look.
Flower Crowns are already starting to become a fad. I still see them at Forever 21 and Claire's. I named this Roaring Romance because I mixed animal prints with leather, studs and a flower crown at the same time. I always thought flower crowns looked great with edgy outfits and not only pastel outfits. Im enjoying red as the color of fall and animal prints at the same time.  I always paired red and animal prints together almost all my life. It looks like animal prints will always be forever while I saw them recently in the Michael Kors collection for Cruise 2014.
I am also loving houndstooth but the most popular trend Ive been seeing are red,black and green plaid (Dark).
 I was at Forever 21 today at SM Aura, the Fort and I saw many dark plaid shorts with those colors. Those prints are almost everywhere and Ive seen them at other stores such as Tomato and ZARA (As I mentioned earlier). But in my own opinion, Id rather wear Houndstooth than plaid. But I will still give fashion tips for those of you who have any dark plaid items:

If you like to wear dark plaid as well, heres a fashion tip on how to style it and not make it look too ordinary:
 With dark plaid shorts or mini skirts wear it with black stockings, a leather moto jacket with a graphic tee and a studded bow head band. Wear some oxford heels or knee high leather boots.

If you have a dark plaid shirt, wear a rock and roll graphic tee inside with a cat ear beanie (Available at H&M) or a studded cap, stockings, and a grey body con skirt.

With a long sleeved plaid dress (Like what I saw in Tomato), wear stockings with it, a cat ear cap, a chain bib necklace with knee high boots or stiletto ankle booties.
Hope you enjoyed these fashion tips with the most popular fall trend.

Now to one of my fall outfits:

Here I am wearing my new flower crown from my classmate who does private selling. (Belle Fille) I got it for a PHP 300. I just hope it can last long and these are normally not very easy to find. I can use it in so many ways, even as a headband and also for music festivals or my next outdoor affair. 
I decided to wear my black and white Karl Lagerfeld portrait tank today with my DIY Thrift store moto jacket because it goes well with basically anything.  It was only about PHP 280 from Androgyne Manila in Market! Market!.  He will always be one of the best designers with really good inspirational quotes as well. This is one of my most favorite ones:
"T-shirts for ten dollars are even more fashion today than expensive fashion." I can strongly agree with that. I honestly think that lower end fashion graphic tees are more edgy and stylish than most high end fashion tees.


Back of my jacket

I got these studded white skinny jeans at Urban Outfitters in New York City. It was on sale for only USD$ 19.90. It was a really good deal, since it was a huge reduction. I also like how they use tote bags instead of paper shopping bags. They also have the best bohemian attire there and edgy street wear.  You can also get home items from there.

I paired my outfit with these DAS 14 red shoes. Grab them now, before they run out at www.dasmyshoes.ph .  I just love comfortable heels but there are times when I have to wear flats, like when I take the transportations or sometimes to Church. 
Stay Fiercely Red this fall!
Close up of the studs on my jeans

-Monica JLL Seet (Monichic)

"Rock your identity with your personal style"
-My Own Fashion quote of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment