Sunday, September 1, 2013

Crouching Tiger


Mixing and Matching what you already have in your closet is really fun! I am constantly on a budget and trying to save more while I just bought quite a number of clothes and two pairs of shoes. Fashion is always my passion, so I wear both designer and non-designer pieces. As the late designer,Alexander Mcqueen once said,"It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together."

I can see in this quote that it is not a must to always wear designer clothes or labels. Quite a number of labels can look cheap these days. Thats the reason why I don't bother creating a picture logo for my own clothing line. Almost all clothing lines don't use logos. The high end brands, I love that doesn't have a picture logo are Moschino, Prada, Miu Miu, Balenciaga and Alexander McQueen.  Sometimes, there are way too many knockoffs of certain high end brands that they can start looking cheap sometimes, depending with style. Although Id love to own an LV Monogram and le petit noe someday.
This outfit I mixed and match today has a slight inspiration from The Carrie Diaries because Anna Sophia Robb's character, Teen Carrie Bradshaw constantly wears a tutu skirt with a cropped denim jacket.  I am also wearing one of my favorite denim jackets I designed myself and recently added an old Metallica badge to it, while they are one of my favorite rock bands. I love the song, Fuel and Seek and Destroy.   These Cat loafers are also my most favorite in my flats collection.
This is one of my most chill outfits for Church and not so distracting.  I can see that tiger heads has been one of the greatest edgy fads. I also own a tiger head belt from H&M, you've all seen before. The worst and most gross tiger heads Ive seen are the ones from Ed Hardy.
 They go so well with animal prints, that I would've worn my leopard flats from Aerosoles with this outfit as well.







I am wearing my USD$3 DIY denim jacket from Rue 21, Franklin Mills Outlet.
 I am wearing a built in bra top from UNIQLO in Singapore that was only SGD$ 19.90.  Its very convenient that I also wear it with a crop top that is too high.
My spiked headband is from Market! Market! that was only PHP 150. Im glad they finally have studded cat ear headbands in that section for PHP 180. Ive been waiting for that, but Ill get it next time.




I am wearing this grey tutu skirt I wore the other day because I wanted to style this way better and look more fresh in it. I bought this from my classmate in school who does private selling. It was only PHP 300. The things online are more unique sometimes. Id like to own a maxi one like this someday.  I am wearing my favorite loafers from a Wholesaler in Singapore for only SGD$ 26. You can get many of these Charlotte Olympia inspired shoes these days. 

The back of my outfit.

Roar all the way this fall!,

Monica JLL Seet (Monichic)

"Its everyones own taste in everyones personal style"
-My Own Fashion Quote of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment