Monday, August 19, 2013

The Hour of the Wolf - Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel



Im glad I got to watch one of these latest fashion movies that was released in September of last year. It is a documentary about the life of Diana Vreeland and how she began working for Harper's Bazaar in 1939 and VOGUE in the 1960's. Its really amazing on how she got to work with the two competitors. I honestly like the two magazines equally. I also got to know how she was self taught in fashion and in styling herself. She will always be a fashion icon of all decades and a natural for fashion.
People said she was pretty eccentric and not highly beautiful but to me she was always glamourous looking and stylish. Remember, that we are all eccentric in our own ways and the beauty always has to come from our inside. I was once called eccentric too, but it was by those people not taking fashion. They are not perfect themselves, they just think they are so great.  My doubters and non believers can just go into the trash and Ill just think about my lovely friends and family who always believed in me. Thats my advise to you all! Just look at how successful she got in the fashion industry. She still dressed nicely and looked young even though she got old. Its also great that she got to live in different fashion cities in her life.
Ive also discovered how much I love fashion when I was 12. That was when I began dressing up myself. I also loved accessorizing as a kid at age 8.
Diana Vreeland once said, "Style is everything, Style is a way of life, without it, you're nothing" 
To me, this is very true, because the world will be so boring if we all dressed in the same way. People with personal styles that are loud are very artistic. I just can't stop saying, I can't live without fashion! I also shall say, Girls, don't be shy to style yourselves with expression. Be Confident and not discouraged!


I love what she wears for her interviews, such as her animal print attire. This fashion documentary is another good one, besides The September Issue.  Check the movie out on Youtube above. Sorry if its not letting me play it on my blog. But its a great movie most of all!




She is just as glamourous as Coco Chanel in this picture!

These are the VOGUEs and Harper's Bazaar issues she worked with. She was always good in giving ideas and helping the 60's first lady, Jackie Kennedy with fashion. You'll get to see more of her works in the film. Ill not spoil it for  you here! VOGUE and Harper's Bazaar has always been on going since the 20's or 30's. I can't wait to see more of it in the future. 





-Monica JLL Seet (Monichic)

"You know if your a natural born in fashion if you loved it from young"
-My own fashion quote of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment