Tuesday, July 23, 2013

School Girl Chic


It looks like chessboard has been my favorite print of Spring/Summer 2013. I think they are the most stylish prints so far of the season. They stand out more than plaid shirts would. Wearing it with a leather skirt and an animal buckle belt will double the edge to the outfit.  Checkered is also my favorite comeback from the 60's and they caught my eye right away after seeing them in Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2013 fashion show. Im looking forward to the Spring/Summer 2014 trends with the most liveliest/playful prints and colors ever. Checkered prints also remind me a lot of  the Nascar flag.  So it can even make you look like a chic racer in a way. You can even wear this shirt with pants or a pleated mini skirt to school but just make sure it is not too short. This can be a back to school outfit for both high school and college.


I got this checkered shirt at Forever 21 in Times Square, New York City that was only USD$ 13.80. It is the best Forever 21 branch I have ever been to with 4 floors. Its such a paradise there that I could seriously spend hours. Excuse me if I didn't button completely. That is my most favorite store ever. This is a very convenient shirt. During winter time, you can wear this with a red leather jacket. 

This leather pleated skirt here is also from Forever 21 (The Philippines branch at SM Makati) that was only PHP 1175. It is very long lasting and can be worn anywhere. It will make a good chic outfit for school and not too preppy. I decided to wear my tiger H&M belt while this is the one that matches the most with this outfit and will make you stand out in a good way. I know I am wearing my ALDO heels here with this outfit because I had two reports to do today. So for regular school days if you are in High School or a big University, throw on bright red pointed flats which will make your school outfit stand out in a good way and still very stylish. I always thought many pointed flats were so chic. I wore mine from Mitju (A Singaporean brand) while walking home from school and heels in the building. This outfit can also be easy to wear to school since everyone rushes in the morning. Good luck to everyone in September when school starts!


Keep Calm and be chic!,

Monica JLL Seet (Monichic)

"Edgy printed shirts won't take you forever to prepare in the morning"
-My Own Fashion Quote of the day




No comments:

Post a Comment