Sunday, July 7, 2013

Distressed Panther


Im back here with more fashion after a long road trip! This is another fashion tip on how to be very comfortable and cute at the same time. This will be more for long road trips. I was on an 8 hour road trip from Boston to Vermont then to Montreal. To dress for a trip like this and especially if you are staying in your car for almost the whole time, wear a simple tank dress or a top with shorts and wedged sneakers. Sneakers are the best footwear to wear on road trips. They were really comfortable for me while I walked on a mountain when I stopped by Vermont to visit the Ben & Jerry's factory and the Von Trapp family lodge.
Hidden wedged sneakers just feel like any other sneakers but they just lift you up and make you a little bit more taller. Hidden heels and wedges all started off during the olden days and medieval times to make a person taller, even men wore them as well, while many people were shorter back in the days due to lack of nutrition.

You don't have to over dress for a trip like this. You can still look stylish and comfortable at the same time. I am wearing a light weight dress with distressed stockings, so if you are the type of person who loves to dress up, then wear something light weighted and not so plain with less accessories.

Here I am wearing a graphic panther print dress from H&M in New York City that was only USD$ 9.95. It was one of my best H&M stores Ive ever went to with 3 floors. The shops in New York City are the best especially if its the fashion capital of the USA.  
I am wearing DIY distressed stockings from Forever 21 that was only PHP 205. You can do this yourself if you have old stockings that are thin and fragile but only wear them for casual use like how I had to dress casually for the road trip. 


I decided to wear my new wedged sneakers while I think they are more feminine. I always loved shiney sneakers, that I even owned one from Converse before. I got these wedged sneakers (Brand: SODA) from Marshall's department store at Jersey Gardens outlet for only USD$ 29.99. You can grab one now. They feel like your walking on flat-forms. Shiney wedged sneakers are the most chic sneakers so far and they are one of my best fads from 2012-2013!

Keep Calm and stay chic,

Monica JLL Seet (Candyica)

"Chic doesn't always mean formal"
-Fashion quote of the day"

No comments:

Post a Comment