Friday, June 14, 2013

Top 50 Fashion schools in the world

If you are planning to have a future career in fashion, I have some of the top fashion schools to share with you here. I found out the best fashion schools from www.fashionista.com. Check out the link to find out more about the top 50 fashion schools and see which one suits you best, whether its Fashion Design, Communication or Merchandising. I am more on the Merchandising field. That is something I would recommend, while fashion design is the most competitive with many designers out there.
I can't wait to apply at larger fashion schools for further studies in fashion. I am currently studying Fashion Marketing at one of the Raffles colleges (Manila, Philippines branch) which is known as Raffles University in Singapore. While its a two year course, I need to apply at either New York City, London or Milan. But I am wanting New York City mostly because I won't have a culture shock there and I go to the States more often than Europe.  
I have heard everyone say that Central Saint Martins in London, UK is the best fashion school ever. One of the most notable alumni is the late Alexander McQueen. May we remember him. He is one of my favorite designers, with the unique high heels Lady Gaga always wore and his skull ring purses.  The third best one is Parsons, The New School for design in New York City. Marc Jacobs is a notable alumni. I love his high end and lower end label (Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs) I even own a Marc By Marc Jacobs Macbook case, I got at Barneys New York Outlet in Camarillo, California. I would love to own a bag someday. His laptop cases has been carried around many young women. 
Also do check out, Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in NYC and Istituto Marangoni in Milan, Paris or London. They are pretty high ranking on the list. I am applying at those two! Milan is also a huge fashion capital with the best clothes to shop for.
To get a good start as a High school student who is a fashion addict, in which I have been since I was Grade 5, I would suggest to attend the 3 days of Fashion workshop at Fashion Institute Of Design and Merchandising.  The most notable alumni is designer, Monique Lhuillier, a well known celebrity wedding gown designer. Its locations are at San Francisco, Los Angeles and Irvine. I had fun myself at the workshop, I attended at Irvine, California last year. You get to learn about many fashion courses and they are very helpful if you wanna go to an actual fashion college.  Or after you get an actual College Degree, you can take a one or two year course in Fashion. 







Good luck to all Fashionistas!,

Monica JLL Seet (Candyica)

"You've got what it takes in Fashion if you can't live without it"
-My quote of the day





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the Sweet comment and the school recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every piece of clothing, every pair of shoes, every hat you see in a store has been designed by a fashion designer. They must be able to sketch designs, choose colors and fabrics, and supervise the execution of their designs. All these things are provided by the Top Fashion Design Colleges in India. Students must also know trends. That's why these Fashion Design Institutes in India provides them such a environment so that they come to know the different colour combination and also the trends. Education is important in any burgeoning career--and a job in fashion designing is no different. Thanks for this sharing...

    ReplyDelete