Friday, May 10, 2013

Greece is the word


Today I decided to wear something a little different while my style is mostly leather. I tried a Greek Goddess look today but throwing on a draped-like top with an animal belt and a chain wrap around headband.  I got my draped top at a market stall in Taipei, Taiwan for only about TWD$ 100. You can get such great affordable fashion there and eat lots of yummy food. Not to mention to also drink the best milk tea.  I paired my top with my indigo tights from Promod that was only PHP 200 on sale. You can also use this top for an outdoor event but wear it with shorts and flat gladiator sandals.
This is the only outfit that matches with this headband. It looks like there are many Greek Goddess inspired clothes,shoes and accessories today from the super cute flower crowns and gold accessories this fall. Did you know that Gladiator sandals all began in that era? (Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece). It looks like they have modernized them in the present day, turning them into stiletto booties and making them more high cut. Stay tuned for my trend report about gladiator sandals coming back this Spring/Summer 2013.They were a huge trend in 2008-2009. You can find gladiator sandals at your near by stores these days.  You can get a flower crown at these sites, https://www.facebook.com/tatibbubbles?ref=ts&fref=ts or www.ropa-atletica.com.  In Ancient Greece, many cloaks and dresses were made of fabric that was draped onto their own bodies while it was easier. Draping was one of the best fashion projects I have ever done. Look below what me and my partner draped back in fashion camp at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising:


These sandals are looking so cute and Im sure these are also not very difficult to find.

If you see these gladiator stilettos on this costume here, they have been in the spring/summer 2013 fashion collections such as Jimmy Choo, the best high end shoes ever. His shoes has been mentioned in films such as High School Musical 2 and Mean Girls 2. 

I am digging this wrap around snake bracelet you can find at your nearest accessory store, its very greek inspired and edgy at the same time. I want one so badly. 

And oh, I want this flower crown so badly too, so I will try making my own since I know where to buy craft materials. (Carolina's in Market! Market!).

This cheetah buckle belt below is my own from Trunk Show in Power Plant Mall that was only PHP 250. The accessories there are affordable and unusual.

I got this chain wrap around headband that was only PHP 300 from Forever 21 at SM Makati. It is very goddess style. Lots of these style of headbands were worn at Coachella music festival and they are suitable for a bohemian outdoor outfit.

I got this bib necklace at Metro department store in Market! Market! for only PHP 149 at the jewelry section. They are cheap and good next to SM accessories.   You can get cute ones at ZARA too while these bib necklaces will never go out of fashion. I hope you all enjoyed this entry and try styling your own Ancient Greek outfit.

Your Style is always your identity!,

Monica JLL Seet (Candyica)

"Fashion from the olden days will always be modernized in the present day"
-My Quote of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment